Re-enter admin mode
Please or register


Canadian Border Services

This link provides Canadian and USA travellers to Canada the info they need when entering (and sometimes leaving) Canada to/from the USA. 


Of particular interest is the followiing partial copy from the section concerning the possession of currency or monetary instruments when crossing the border:

Travel with CAN$10,000 or more

If you have currency or monetary instruments equal to or greater than CAN$10,000 (or the equivalent in a foreign currency) in your possession when arriving in or departing from Canada, you must report this to the CBSA. Monetary instruments include items such as stocks, bonds, bank drafts, cheques, and travellers' cheques.

We remind all travellers that this regulation applies to currency and monetary instruments you have on your person, in your baggage and in your vehicle.


The following is copied  from the home page of that link to let you know what it covers:


Canadians and Permanent Residents

Information for Canadian citizens and permanent residents on the CBSA's border services.


Canadian border information and services for non-residents visiting, settling in or doing business with Canada.

Date modified: