Welcome To The Sunloaner Bike Program
The Sunloaner Bike Program provides temporary loan of Men’s, Ladies, Boy’s and Girl’s bikes for current paid-up members / associate members of the Woodbrook Estates Home Owner Association and their guests .
The program has been running since 2015 with many improvements along the way. In 2018, new procedures were implemented to help manage the booking, loaning and returning of bikes.
The Sunloaner Bike Program is run by volunteers with the support of the HOA and is expected to be a self-funding venture.Bicycles are stored in the Can Shed next to the pond. We acknowledge the co-operation of the can-crushing and metal-recycling volunteers as our loaner bikes use a large portion of their space.
Sunloaner volunteers assist with: (i) the construction and maintenance of the Sunloaner HOA website; (ii) the repair and maintenance of bikes; (iii) meeting customers for loan and return of bikes; (iv) receiving donated bikes and re-conditioning them as necessary; and (v) record keeping of loan use and finances for reporting to the HOA board.
Please read the information below to help make your Sunloaner ride as smooth as possible!
- Sunloaner bikes are for use in Woodbrook Estates only.
- Bicycle helmets are not provided, but are recommended for all users, and mandatory for those under 16 years of age (as required by Florida State law)."Under Florida law, a bicycle rider or passenger who is under 16 years of age must wear a bicycle helmet properly fitted, fastened securely upon the passenger's head by a strap and that meets the federal safety standard for bicycle helmets, as defined by the Code of Federal Regulations (16 C.F.R. Part 1203).May 17, 2016"
- For night riding, front and rear warning lights are required, either fastened to the bike or the rider.The user is responsible for supplying their own lights (a few Sunloaner bikes have lights).
Sunloaner Recommended Steps for Loaning a Bike
- For the best possible outcome,confirm the age, gender, and tire diameter required (26”, 24”, 20”, 18”, 16” or 14”) for your guest(s), before requesting a loan. During busy times in the winter season many of the bikes are on loan, so last minute requests may not be met.
- Click on the Sunloaner Photo Gallery link for photos and descriptions of all our bikes. You may request a specific bike; we will let you know if it’s available.
- Obtain a Sunloaner Request / Waiver Form, either by downloading the .pdf file from the web page and printing it, or by picking one up at the North or South Clubhouse.
- Fill out, sign and submit theform, then either scan and email to [email protected] or drop off at lot # 457 or # 356 or # 355. If dropping off, please also email [email protected] with your lot # and phone # so that we will be sure to reserve your bike loan request.
- Arrange by email ([email protected]), or phone,with one of our volunteers to pick up your bike(s).The preferred time for pickup and return is Tuesday mornings at 10:00 at the Can Shed.
- Please phone one of the volunteers if you are unable to pick up or return a bike at the time or day you have arranged.
***If you need immediate help, feel free to reach out to Larry Bainard at Unit #356 (863) 510-5828, Gord Hitchman at Unit 457 (863) 606-5969, Ron Loughrey at Unit #355 (863) 409-3347, Shi Cheverie - web info